Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Enos Testimony

So when I began this, I thought I was on a quest to find out about gifts and what the scriptures had to say about them. I then felt that before I went down that road, I had to gather the testimonies of the great prophets. The strongest, most powerful pinnacle words from the strongest, most powerful men to step foot on the earth. In an earlier blog post, I think I found and showed the testimony of Moroni and Joseph Smith, as well as others - my memory fails me like it often does.

Here is another - this one from Enos. We don't know much about this man, but he achieved the same promises that his fathers (presumably Lehi and Nephi, and Jacob) received, but the Lord added more for him. He achieved more and differe promises from the Lord than even his powerful predecessors had achieved. That's like being more awesome than iron man and captain America - and spider man.

But other than that, we don't know much about Enos. What we do have is this gem that I found - a heartfelt, powerful set of words that make up the capstone of another one of the greatest lives lived ever.

Enos 1:27 "And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer, for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."

I know something about that word "Redeemer". I know it carries a specific meaning to those of us who have fallen short, but been lifted back onto our feet by our God. I know the gratitude I have felt when I use the words "my Redeemer". I think Enos probably felt this when he used those words as well.

Enos knows that his day of judgment will not be about fire and fear. He knows his Redeemer and completely welcomes the day when he can embrace him again. His soul is filled with love, and he feels no fear. He uses words like rejoice and pleasure, and blessed, and prepared.

I am no Enos, but I hope to feel the same when I meet my Redeemer as well.

Finally, verse 26: "...I have declared it in all my days, and I have rejoiced in it above that of the world".

May we rejoice in the approval and love of the Lord, more than we seek the love of those we are tasked to teach. May we shine the light, so that the light within us is found burning bright when we meet the Light of the world.

To those of my children or grandchildren who may read this, or to the reader who just found this somewhere. This blog is intended to be a gift to you. Please treat it as anyone would hope a gift is taken - not to be discarded lightly, but to be appreciated, valued and used. Just like gifts from any parent or friend, a gift valued by the receiver is more likely to be followed on by further gifts.

Please make the most of all gifts you may receive, and may I hear about that report joyfully when we meet on the other side. Know the love of the Lord. Know His Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John 20 Believing without seeing

 So I'm a bit stuck. I feel like I have failed at being consistent in doing this blog. I know that nobody really reads it, and that'...