Monday, November 6, 2017

No shocker here - nature is awesome

So this post definitely doesn't fit in to the genre of the other stuff I write about - everything else is about stretching oneself, about developing gifts and learning/listening to the voices of those who will guide us. I guess that applies to the servants of God both on this side of the veil and the other side.

But - the title of the blog for now is Scripture Study After Thoughts, so here's an afterthought. I guess in that way it "fits".

Alma 46:40 "And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land, but not so much with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases..."

Full disclosure here: my lovely wife is a hardcore believer in the miraculous capacities of natural oils. She does very well at it, and I've been very pleasantly surprised at what these products can do. I just now realize though, that the benefit of these products comes from the plant. It's not about the oil, or the essential oil - it's about the plant. To say the oils have great capacities is perhaps a misstatement. The plants do. It is true of course that the better the refinement to retain the essence of the plant, the more effective the oil.

I am reminded of something I heard - that if you encountered a bite or a poison in nature, the antidote is located nearby. Something of a yin and yang thing in nature.

God has placed plants on the earth, and in His wisdom, has surely placed in them more than just a stalk and leaves. I can't imagine that the greatest of all designers would stop there. May we look at nature with new eyes: that's not just a green thing growing, it's another one of God's many gifts to us, his children. May we be open to maximizing all of our gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John 20 Believing without seeing

 So I'm a bit stuck. I feel like I have failed at being consistent in doing this blog. I know that nobody really reads it, and that'...