Friday, November 22, 2019

Come Follow Me: James

Sometimes it's painful when the Lord wants me to do things differently than I want to do them.

I'm doing this blog because someone who I love and respect told me to read the scriptures, then write about what I find. This of course results in me focusing on what I'm going to write about - that golden egg that can change my life. The thing that makes my life better for having discovered and internalized it.

So today I was reading James 1, and hoped to find something other than what's in James 1:5. I'd find some other gem, and my mind would expand on that, and then I could share something new.

As it turns out - no, and yes.

I found something new, at least to me, but it was still in verse 5. Worse yet, it took me about 10 seconds to find the nugget that inspired me enough to write. Now the problem: I really don't feel like I've done my "duty" to read more. Should I keep reading so I can hunt more, and feel like I've checked the "time spent reading" box? Or should I go with what I've been prompted with? The same little voice that said "here's your nugget" also said something like "if you blow past this nugget, it might be taken away".

This fits with everything I know about getting gifts and guidance. If you get one or the other, and you don't appreciate and expand on the gift, or you don't follow the guidance, it goes away. That, and I suspect that it sets you back on what gets provided to you in the future.

So - James 1:5 it is. Here's the nugget: if you lack wisdom, you've got choices. Heaven knows that it's a difficult world out there, especially for us saints. The gay thing is

No comments:

Post a Comment

John 20 Believing without seeing

 So I'm a bit stuck. I feel like I have failed at being consistent in doing this blog. I know that nobody really reads it, and that'...