Thursday, January 4, 2018

The end of it

So I'm not feeling like writing, and nothing reached out and grabbed me today, but I feel like I need to write. So here I am, obeying.

The reading today is the JS translation of Matthew 1. This is end of days stuff - it reminds me of someone I knew back in high school. She was living in fear of the end, and I always found that a bit odd. This chapter lays out a lot of nasty stuff, but the prize that comes at the end sounds like it's worth it. It kinda makes me think that some of us would rather focus on the ugly wrapping paper, while choosing to place much less focus on the awesome present inside the box.

In verses 25 through 27, the Lord tells us how it's going to play out. There will be false Christs everywhere - I ran into a few of them while in Guatemala and El Salvador on my mission. Some guy who posted an 8.5 x 11 on the power poles in the street, and said he'd be in a soccer stadium on some future date. Yeah, that's not how Christ is going to do it.

25: Wherefore, if they shall say unto you: behold he is in the desert; go not forth; Behold he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 26 For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.

So when Christ comes as a second coming, it looks like it will be like the sunrise. Nobody can fake a sunrise. No dude with a strobe light can match a sunrise. It will be clear.

Now of course, I'm sure that Christ visits people with whatever regularity he chooses. Does he visit his prophets and apostles? I don't know, but if I were guessing I'd say yes. Does he visit others? I don't know, but I'm not going to start writing rules for the Lord to obey. If he decides to visit aunt May, then he can do that regardless of what my opinion is on the subject. For me though, if he visits
Aunt May, then his visit is for Aunt May. If he wants to guide the church, he goes to his assigned prophet. If he wants to guide Aunt May, he goes to Aunt May.

If Aunt May tells me that the Lord in the local soccer stadium next week, pretty good chance I'll be busy that day.

So - I don't know who this post is for, but apparently it needed to be written on someone's behalf. Like I say, usually I write about something that inspires me while I'm reading scriptures. Today, it was basically that I feel inspired to write after reading the scriptures - but not specifically about one particular verse.

If it's you that I wrote this for - then take it as a gift. There are others the Lord has for you when you've consumed what you can from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John 20 Believing without seeing

 So I'm a bit stuck. I feel like I have failed at being consistent in doing this blog. I know that nobody really reads it, and that'...